Using Fobo with Dropbox, SendGrid, Twilio etc.
Fobo makes use of several 3rd party services and accounts: Apple ID, SendGrid, Twilio and Dropbox, to name a few.
- To download the app you will need an Apple ID
- If you are using Fobo as a business, we recommend creating an Apple ID associated with your business. This way none of your "personal information" gets mixed in with your business's iPad or the photo booth.
- For example, your business Apple ID might be: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Usually we do not recommend a personal Apple ID like: email@example.com
- This Apple ID will allow you to download and update your Fobo app on your photo booth.
Twilio and SendGrid
Fobo can send out Text Messages and Emails containing the images you create with the photo booth. To customize the text of these messages, you must provide a 3rd party service like Twilio or SendGrid. These services allow you to pay for the delivery of your custom messages.
A tutorial for using SendGrid is available on our YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/fyU3nN0YqGI
Basic service rates are:
- Twilio: $0.02 per text message
- SendGrid: $9.95 for 40k emails per month
Sign up for Twilio to enable customizable text messaging
- Go to https://www.twilio.com/ and choose “Sign Up”
- Create an account
- Choose a phone number by going to:
- “Products” - “Programmable SMS” - “Phone Numbers” - “Get a number now” - “Buy a phone number”
- Here, choose an MMS enabled number for your country (i.e. the US)
- Fund your Twilio account
- When logged into Twilio, click on your email address in the top right corner
- Click “upgrade now” and follow the prompts
- Find & copy down your “SID” and “token”
- These will be added to the Fobo app
- On Twilio.com go to: “Products” - “Programmable SMS” - “Dashboard” - click the “Show API Credentials” tab
- Once you have this info, paste it into your Fobo Settings screen under “Text Messages” and tap “Save”
Sign up for SendGrid to enable email sharing
- Go to https://sendgrid.com/ to sign up for a new account
- Copy down your API Key
- Paste this Key into the Fobo app under “Emails” and tap “Save”
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com to sign up for a Dropbox account
- Most Fobo customers make a special account just for use with their Fobo photo booth
- A free account provides 2GB of space, if you need more you can clear out old files or use a premium paid Dropbox account
- Design your logo overlays for the photos, GIFs and prints - see Fobo Logos & Graphics for more info about logos.